Climate and Tourism Potential of NathiagaliClimate and Tourism Potential of Nathiagali
The climate of Nathiagali is cold and snowy is winter while pleasant and cool in summers. The thick blanket of snow covers the area in most part of the year. It is around average 2500 m above the sea level with its highest peak Miranjani which is 2992 m above the sea level. Roads usually get block during winter during the heavy rain fall and it is advisable to no visit in winters as the road ( even open for traffic) gets too slippery and dangerous.
Best Time to Visit.
The best time to visit this beautiful piece of land is from march to july. The weather is ideal these days , the cool and serene fresh air of the mountains , the soothing sun and the mesmirising smell of the young trees growing at their peak can only be felt and can not be described. If you are a hiking enthusiast the place is a must visit for you.
Tourism in NathiaGali
The potential for tourism can be written in reams , but few things about the potential should be discussed.
- Special police station is built in the area for proper facilitation of the tourists.
- Local authorities and people are friendly, hospitable and kind to the tourists as they feel proud to be the resident of this area.
- Alots of spots, waterfalls and hidden gems are still undiscovered and shrouded in these mountains because of the inaccessibility by road or a proper track, so exploring and adventure potential of this area is the most exciting thing about visiting this place.
- Communication and residential facilities are there with hotels of various ranges and quality, vehicles for rent and delicious food got you covered from every aspect.
- Kpk tourism department has recently opened a tourist facilitation centre in nathiagali to provide valueable guidance, maps, hiking guides for the tourists.